Okay, I guess I’ve avoided this long enough. I was recently tagged by a few people in this little meme, so let’s get it going!
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random thoughts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you have tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah, blah, blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Thoughts About Me:
- I love, love, LOVE researching just about anything. I count myself fortunate that a lot of my job revolves around researching random stuff that awesome attorney-boss throws at me.
- While I’m talking about things I love… I love Jewish men, and not simply because I’m married to one. I don’t know what it is, but pretty much any actor I find hot ends up being Jewish. Maybe it’s a nerdy thing? I don’t know, but I know Matt doesn’t mind!
- When it comes to pop culture, I completely suck at it. Betcha anything I can’t name a single actor that I find hot. (Okay, I lie, I can name one. But just one.) Nor can I ever pick out an actor out of a lineup. Or a movie, for that matter.
- I am terrible at meeting new people. I used to be decidedly worse at meeting new people, but that doesn’t mean that this should count as any sort of improvement. Rather than sticking entirely to the background and lowering my eyes when I meet someone new, I have to give a whole crap-ton of energy into not appearing shy and withdrawn.
- I wish I had more time for crafting. If I did, I’d learn how to scrapbook.
- I love that people assume that I’m a good little Christian/Catholic schoolgirl-type person. Really shocks the shit out of ‘em when I say shit like… well, shit.
- As ironic as it is, I work for one of the biggest jewelry companies in the world… and yet I hate wearing most jewelry. Getting a bracelet to show off my company was a trial in itself, and while it’s meant to have charms and stuff on it, when I do end up wearing it, it’s typically plain!
- I have but one tattoo: A tree frog on my left hip. I often joke that it will go backwards and become a tadpole when I’m pregnant. There are plans for more, but the one I’ve been holding out for years involves getting my right shoulder tattooed. We’ll see when I eventually get that done!
- It took me over two years from when I first tried for my learner’s permit to when I actually got it. I failed the exam when I was 15 and was too traumatized to go back until I was 17 and they had well enough forgotten about me. My license? Totally got when I was 21.
- When I was seven, I entered a writing competition and subsequently had my poem published in a huge book. I think my mom still has that book! Funny enough, it was a poem about Jesus.
- Uh… I’m out of stuff, so I’ll just say that I can really go for duck sauce.
Questions for Me to Answer:
From Kat of EmKat Creations!
- What’s your favorite song or musical artist?
This is actually a difficult one, as it changes on a pretty regular basis. Right now I’m enjoying some soothing New Age instrumental music. I’ll probably jam to Top 40 stuff on my way home, eventually get to White Stripes and Muse and Queens of the Stone Age, will listen to Pitbull and other Spanish-inspired rapping stuff, and will rock out to Shostakovich and Handel next week. Soooo…
- If you could live in any era, what would you choose?
The 1960s, no question.
- What’s your favorite holiday?
I love Samhain, so much that it hurts. I’m also a huge fan of Purim.
- Which modern convenience would you rather give up, indoor stoves or plumbing?
Plumbing. I can shit in the woods, but I’m pretty sure it’s against HOA policies to have fire pits in our backyards. Le sigh.
- Pirates or Ninjas?
- Do you have a patron deity, if so whom?
I don’t… in fact, I don’t follow a specific pantheon at all. My beliefs are much more earth-centric and pantheistic like that.
- Coffee or Tea?
COFFEE. Though I should really switch to tea.
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
Pretty much right here! If I were to still consider south Florida my home.
- Which element is your favorite or which do you work best with?
Water, no question. I blame both my sign (Scorpio) and where I lived my whole life.
- Cats, Dogs, Rodents, Birds or Reptiles?
Cats, though I’m allergic to them (and 4/5 of that list, actually). Boo.
- When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Ugh, so lame. This morning on my way to work. I should really make an effort to get outside during the day.
From Tori at TorizWorld!
- What was your first pet? And what was its name?
Dixie! He was a long-haired angora hamster. I loved that freakin’ hamster, had him for five years.
- What’s your earliest memory?
Being in my parents’ townhome. We moved out of it when I was just over a year old, but I remember our living room and the connecting patio separated by a sliding glass door. It’s literally a fleeting memory, but it’s there!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, in any type of home, where would you live? And what kind of home would you live in?
I’d live right by the ocean in one of those homes on stilts.
- If you had to pick just one meal to have every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? And why?
Ugh. I’m a food blogger! Can’t I just say I’ll have a garden and a frying pan and a fire?
- What would your ideal job be?
This is probably so lame, but… exactly what I’m doing now. I have the best of both worlds (law and writing) in an amazing company with amazing bosses, and my job means I get to finance all the extracurricular stuff I want to do! (Lookin’ at you, BPO.)
- Do you love to read? If so, what are your favourite types of books?
I DO. I’ll read pretty much anything, but my favorite genres are young adult fiction and creative non-fiction.
- Are you a fan of watching movies? If so, what are your favourite types of movies?
Not nearly as much. But when I do watch movies, I prefer them to be comedies or psychological thrillers (without horror, please). Different ends of the spectrum, I know.
- It’s a cold, dark night in the middle of Winter; the snow is falling thick and fast outside the window… What are you doing?
Probably sitting inside under a blanket, curled up with either a book or the internet and a hot cup of something.
- It’s a beautiful, hot day in the middle of Summer; there’s not a cloud in the sky, and bearly a breeze… What are you doing?
I am OUTSIDE and preferably near a body of water! Rockin’ a swimsuit and swimming the day away.
- If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be? And why?
Far too many to choose from. But the first one that popped in my head was the chick from Twilight. So I could knock some fucking sense into her head. (While I’m at it, can y’all bring me Twilight‘s author, too?)
- If you could have a conversation with any person – alive or dead; just as long as they really exist (or have really existed in the past) – right now, who would it be? Why them? And what would you discuss?
Oh man, this is so difficult… but probably Michael Pollan. It’d be such an interesting conversation to hear his thoughts on modern-day agriculture and compare notes on how we think the future of food could be made better.
From Amanda at Living a Faerie Tale!
- Do you have a role model? Who? Why?
Oddly… not at the moment, no. When I was younger, though, I really wanted to run track (asthma be damned!), so my role model was Jackie Joyner-Kersee. I also really loved and admired Amelia Earhart.
- Who is your favorite/patron God/dess?
See above… I don’t got none.
- Did you design your blog?
Kind of second-handedly! When I went from Blogger to WordPress (and self-hosted), I hired a graphic artist to create the banners you see today. She took a lot of my input and turned my blog into something really creative and nice on the eyes.
- Do you create art? What do you do?
I do random crafts when the mood strikes. For example, Matt and I made turkeys this year from construction paper (and when I say “Matt and I”, I mean “I cut out all the stuff and glued most of them together, and even though he said he wanted to make a few on his own, he ended up gluing half of one together before he went, “Fuck it, you’re better at this than I am”"), and I quill snowflakes pretty much every year for Yule.
- Are you more active in the Pagan Community on or off line?
Online, admittedly. I was much more active offline when I lived in Orlando, but I’ve been finding it hard to put myself out there since we’ve moved.
- What are you passionate about?
Food (especially vegetarian food), religious rights, natural birth and motherhood, and music.
- When you were a kid is this where you saw yourself in the future?
Not in the slightest. I always imagined myself a writer and illustrator of children’s books when I was a kid. It wasn’t until I graduated from university that I even pictured myself in a legal career, and even today, it kind of boggles my mind that I’m here. Life now is so much different from life as I saw it when I was younger.
- How many kids do you want/have already?
I have no children yet, but Matt and I have discussed having two. We’ll see how it goes… gotta make #1 first.
- If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
- If you could tell your teenaged self one thing, what would that be?
That everything — literally, everything — gets better from here.
- What site to you most visit when you go online? (Besides your own)
Probably Damn You Autocorrect. LOL.
Holy crap, I forgot… from Freckles!!
- What’s the first thing you would save from a fire and why?
Assuming all the living occupants got out: My violin, no question. It’s my baby, and I’d be devastated if I lost it. After that, as much of our wedding memorabilia as possible… at least my flowers and our photos on CDs.
- You’re a superhero for a day, what’s your special ability?
Breathing under water! And being able to swim wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted. And perfect vision underwater. (See a trend here?)
- How do you geek out (science, books, math, video games, etc?)
Books, easily. I’m not much of a video game or math person, but I love to read and research. Foodstuffs is another one of my geeky passions, too, if you could call it that. I mean, it’s sometimes science-related!
- Harry Potter or Star Wars?
HARRY POTTER. And absolutely the books first and foremost. I’ve seen Star Wars before, but I wasn’t all that into it. Might have been being under the influence of… something, though…
- Your favorite comfort food and why?
Macaroni and cheese. Not entirely sure why, but there’s something about carby, cheesy goodness that just makes everything right.
- What’s one habit you wish you could kick?
Biting my nails and picking my skin. 100% due to OCD on both counts, but what can I do. It’s a daily battle.
- Favorite holiday and why?
- Toilet paper – up and over, or down? (lol, this is the biggest debate in our house)
UP AND OVER. ALWAYS. Thankfully, I have a husband who feels the same!
- What’s your favorite sweet treat?
Mmm… depends on the day. I absolutely love Twizzlers pull-’n'-peel and anything with chocolate/peanut butter.
- Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? What’s your favorite meal time and why?
Dinner. I don’t even know why. I’ve never really been a breakfast person, and lunch is kinda… eh. I think I like being around someone and talking about stuff while eating, and I don’t really get that the first two meals of the day!
- What’s you favorite inspirational quote?
Who I’ve Tagged:
- A Vegas Girl At Heart
- The Start of Something Frugal
- Inspired by Life
- the hummingbird hollow
- This Good Life
- demure connoisseur
- Cheap Wine and Cookies
- Cauldron Cottage
- Those Crazy Crunchies
Questions for You to Answer:
- What is your favorite holiday? What are your favorite traditions from that holiday?
- Describe your favorite pair of shoes.
- If your life was most like a character (out of a book, movie, or something else), what character would it be?
- You’re standing on the top of a mountain. How did you get there, and what will you do now that you’re up there?
- You’re standing in a crowded mall, people running in all directions and the entire floorplan at your disposal. What do you do now?
- What have you kept from your childhood?
- Name something in your house that you really should get rid of, but have held onto for some reason or another.
- What is your favorite beverage (besides water)?
- What do you listen to music on — your computer, an iPod, CDs, records?
- What email platform, chat rooms, and social media networks do you use?
- If your epitaph could read one sentence, what would it say?