This craze surrounding Greek yogurt means more benefits not only for your health, but for your palate. Yogurt can be used in cooking all sorts of things, from cole slaw to pancakes and everything in between. Below is a recipe for traditional tzatziki, adapted from Chobani.com.
* 3 cups Greek Yogurt (or use strained plain yogurt or light sour cream)
* 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
* 1 garlic clove, finely minced
* 1 medium cucumber, seeded and finely diced
* 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill or mint (if using dry dill or mint only 1 tsp)
* 1 tsp coarse sea salt
* freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Refrigerate at least 2 hours beforehand so flavors will blend. This will keep for a few days or more in the refrigerator. Stir before serving.
Makes about 3 cups.